SUMMARY OF POSITION
E-By Design is looking for software engineers for our San Francisco video game based projects.
The primary responsibility of the position is end to end mobile game development including front-end development, API / Library integration and from time to time some back-end development. As a seasoned Game Engineer, you will also be involved in building platforms, making architectural decisions, brainstorming sessions, design discussions, and code reviews.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help develop practical solutions that bring games to life.
- Game system / feature design & implementation / Library / Service integration.
- Performance optimization.
- Review the work of other Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 4 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
- Deep Knowledge of Flash.
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development a plus.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Passion for making games.